Monday, January 27, 2014

Tuesday's with Morrie "a story worth reading for" :)

Tuesdays with Morrie...

Photo taken from google
Mitch Albom’s Tuesdays with Morrie is indeed a very amusing story. I was amused on how “life and death” has been defined from start to finish. Understanding the entire story, I find it somewhat boring but realistic, you can really relate on Morrie’s points of view about life.

I can also say that Mitchell David Albom is truly an intelligent writer; I like his style in narrating what had happen for each chapter. I also like how he writes the story to feel the emotions. However, in the audiovisual part of the book, I find it hard to understand that’s why I have to read it twice for me to clear some parts.

I can truly say that the purpose of the author in writing the book has been achieved; I know that the purpose of this book is to inspire and entertain, as I read the story, I can say that I was inspired in Morrie’s points of view about life, I realized how important it is to value the things we already have and to accept that things are not permanent. I also realized that we should not be afraid of death because all of us are capable of it, it will just depend upon us on how we will prepare ourselves and how we will accept the word DEATH.

The subject matter is objective, it is not biased. Everyone can relate on the story. It does not have limitations on what and who can read it. Actually, the story is applicable to all of us, because we are all teachers, we are all educators. Just like what Morrie did even in his last breath he was able to show that he is indeed a teacher, a teacher who is really dedicated to his work and willing to share what he knows.

As a future educator, I can say that this book contribute a lot of things to me particularly the principles in the story. Morrie’s principles about life made me realize how important “TEACHERS” are in an individual. It made realize how essential teachers are in building professionals and teachers can really affects the life of their students. I was inspired to continue this course not just because of the diploma but because I know through me I can affect and change the life of my learners.


 *Credits to the owner of the Photo 


No comments:

Post a Comment