Is it the system or the weather?
Moving
the school opening to early August or Mid-September because of several
disasters and class suspensions has been a debate for a very long time. Now, to
the best of my knowledge, four universities have decided to move
their school calendars on September. But, is this the real problem?
Philippines
is known to be prone to typhoons and other natural disasters because it lies
astride the typhoon belt. See? I do
listen on my science teacher. (Sometimes, ha-ha) anyways, this somehow explains
that no matter what we do to avoid class suspensions due to these calamities,
we’ll still be experiencing such.
As a
student, I believe that the best thing we can do is to fix the educational
system in the country. I think it is better to focus our minds in giving better
education to future students. Build better rooms, hire more teachers. What If
we start the classes on September or whatsoever, are we that sure that there
will be no typhoons or even a heavy rain to pour on that month? Are we that
sure that there will be no more class suspensions because of so many things
happening on earth?
So
what if we are the only country left in the world that starts the school year
on Junes? Our country belongs to the third world for God’s sake. I know we have
more important things to deal with than to push ourselves in making this
decision. I am not saying that this isn’t important at all, it’s just that, are
we really sure that this is the best solution we could come up with for now?
*credits to the owner of the photo

No comments:
Post a Comment