Monday, January 27, 2014

All I want is...



“PEACE”

by: Yza Denise L. Delos Reyes

Have you ever wondered what the world would be?
If there are no laws to give us security?
If there are no Policemen or Soldiers ready,
To fight and protect our precious country?

I’ve always dreamt of living so free,
In a place full of people who live happily,
With no fear, no loneliness, no anxiety.
A place filled only with love and positivity.

I have always dreamt of watching the kids play
Like there is no harm, night and day.
I have always dreamt of seeing the trees sway,
Like it is dancing along the fresh windy air.

It is so lovely to see the world at PEACE
No wars, no fights, no tragedies.
This is what I wish to witness and I say,


“God, please guide us, I always pray”.


This poem was written a year after the Terrorism attack in Mindanao. Many people were killed, some were hostage and several properties were destroyed. This incident traumatized numerous residents in Zamboanga.

I would like to dedicate this piece to everyone, to serve as an inspiration to my countrymen.

No comments:

Post a Comment